To the Lake District Electric Bicycle Network
Get outside and enjoy exploring the hills, fells and lakes of Cumbria’s wonderful landscape. Enjoy a ride along the shores of Windermere, Coniston, Wastwater, or the West Cumbria coastline. Explore the tranquil Winster Valley, admire Coniston Old Man from Tarn Hows, the views of Scafell Pike from Eskdale, ride up and over the Langdales, experience a train journey on the world famous Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, or combine an ebike ride with a lake cruise and open top bus journey.
Take advantage of some of the great offers available to Electric Bicycle Network customers in the Lake District:
- Ambleside – Elterwater
- Ambleside – Grasmere
- Ambleside – Tarn Hows
- Bowness – Hawkshead
- Bowness – Lakeside
- Bowness – Low Wray
- Bowness – Winster
- Brockhole – Staveley
- Brockhole – Troutbeck
- Coniston Circuit
- Coniston – Tarn Hows
- Coniston – Tilberthwaite
- Grasmere – Ambleside
- Grasmere – Langdales
- Hawkshead – Ambleside, via Low Wray
- Kendal – Mealbank, via Natland
- Kendal – Underbarrow, via Sizergh
- Kendal – Staveley
- Lake Windermere East – Winster
- Lakeside – Backbarrow
- Lakeside – Hawkshead
- Staveley – Kentmere
- Staveley – Winster
- Windermere – Staveley
- Muncaster to Eskdale
- Muncaster to Wasdale North
- Muncaster to Wasdale South
To accompany the maps above download:
Other useful maps / leaflets by partners:
1. Go Lakes Travel has a series of route maps available for download on their cycling resource page.
2. Nurture Lakeland has produced an app for download which has a series of active itineraries, including cycling available.
3. Bike Bus suggested ride maps. The 800 Bike Bus runs from Ambleside to Haverthwaite, along the lake shore and carries 12 bikes. Timetable here.
- Backbarrow to Far Sawrey
- Far Sawrey to Ambleside
- Windermere Shore
- Windermere to Fell Foot
- Windermere to Fell Foot Off Road
- Explore Langdale
- Rides from the Bike Bus Legend
1. Go Lakes – where to stay, what to do, offers, breaks etc.
2. Go Lakes Travel - a specific section of the Go Lakes site, focused on providing a wide range of information, route suggestions etc. to help you get to and around the Lakes. Includes a useful planning tool, that can show you travel options direct to/from your ebike hire point, or other destinations in the Lakes.
3. Lake District National Park Authority – Find out more about where to visit, events, activities in the National Park.